The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whm/cpanel for dummies.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by leftie, Apr 4, 2007.

1. leftie

leftie Well-Known Member

As the title says, are there any books available out there. I know this place rocks for advice and information but sometimes it's good to have a book handy. :)

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

cPanel is fairly straight forward. By your request, I would find it easy to say that you may be lacking familiarity with linux? If you get a bit more familiar with linux, I am sure you will find cpanel very understandable.

The cpanel site offers all the human readable documentation and you could find many video tutorials that are used for client support via google. A search for cpanel video tutorials would bring up what you need.

3. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There's a very good book available from Packt Publishing on WHM. Well worth a read and will teach you a lot.

I agree with you on the book - as one of the reviewers I think you'll find it worth a read and useful.

4. brianoz

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    #4 brianoz, Apr 5, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2007
  5. leftie

leftie Well-Known Member

Thanks, that looks just the job. :)

EDIT. In fact i have just ordered it along with the cpanel book which was on offer if you bought the two together.

#5 leftie, Apr 11, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2007
  6. brianoz

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have two copies and use it for training my staff. The author is one of the chief programmers at Netenberg (of Fantastico fame) and I'm surprised there aren't more books on cpanel, given how popular it is. Perhaps the market isn't that big ...

Would be interesting to see your comments and review once you've got the books and had a read... personally I found it very useful, despite being familiar with cpanel I still picked up on a few things I hadn't known.

7. leftie

leftie Well-Known Member

Well they have arrived and i'm just browsing through them at the moment. I am glad i opted to have the cpanel book, it is very useful. It explains more in what some of the features do and so gives you more confidence to hit the button.