Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

whm/cpanel go down or blank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mehrdad abed, Jun 11, 2006.

1. mehrdad abed

mehrdad abed Well-Known Member

Hi

Recently I’ve encountered some problems on whm/cpanel pages, they suddenly go down or change to unavailable or blank pages, what could be the reason of that? I almost always use remote php functions to manage my whm. May it be the cause?

I also have two other questions:

1- Where are the log files of whm and cpanel of each user? So I can trace the problem there.

2 - How could I restart the cpanel/whm service completely without system restarting? In my case the problem would not be resolved unless I restart the server, so I like to know if there is another way without restarting the server.

Thanks.

2. vijeesh

vijeesh Member

cpanel logs

You can find out the logs for cpanel at /usr/local/cpanel/logs. Your problem may be due the cpanel service down. You can restart it via ssh into the server ,and /etc/init.d/cpanel restart

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mehrdad abed

I did, but it doesn’t fix the problem, are there any related services that I should restart ?

4. dwolf77

dwolf77 Member

When I was a reseller my provider had simalar issues when cpu load was too high you may want to look there.

In the case of the server i was on it was a huge mailman list getting processed by exim.

5. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    None of us would be able to help you unless we know what do you have in your /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_logs

You can just run tail -f /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_logs and then try accessing cpanel. Paste the logs here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. ShockHosts

ShockHosts Well-Known Member

I'd restart the server, if it doesn't work check your loads and memory usage, it may be something to do with that.

7. mehrdad abed

as i checked the log, the error is :

Internal Error: "" Normal Connection Timeout (Probably closed browser on a HTTP/1.1 session) at cpsrvd.pl line 1572.
    Content-type: text/html

what do you think ?

8. IRCBrasil

IRCBrasil Well-Known Member

:eek: same problem here. someone?