The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whm/Cpanel Login Script

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by william321, Nov 26, 2009.

1. william321

william321 Member

Hi all,

I have been asked my a client to develop a script so they can login into their clients cpanel and/or whm accounts only problem is that i can see is changing the password then loginging in into their account then emailing them their new password.

but is it possible to even Display all Accounts on a cpanel server and then login as the user reading the user's cpanel/whm username and password from some where?

Where does Cpanel store all of this information for each user is it encypted some where?

Can anyone share this with me,

Thanks,William

2. InstaCarma_Tech

InstaCarma_Tech Well-Known Member

If I understand the issue correctly, you should be able to login to client's cPanel with the root password unless it is disabled in the config.

3. william321

william321 Member

The Client is wanting 1 Central Login so he can login into this web-based php script and do it from there display all users then login as them as some features of cpanel u cant do certain things as u are logged in as root or reseller he wants to be able to login as the user them selfs using their username and password which must be stored some where.

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Passwords are not stored in cPanel/WHM, but you may use cPanel/WHM to reset or change a user's password. Please note that system user account passwords are stored in an encrypted (hashed) form as-is standard in the supported Linux distributions; they are not in plain-text format and subsequently are not easily obtained.