Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

WHM cPanel login - xfercpanel - not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HostIt, Jul 24, 2006.

1. HostIt

HostIt Well-Known Member

I'm having difficulty using the xfercpanel link in WHM to log into a few client domains that have just been moved from another server. When I click the cPanel login link in my WHM for any of these sites, the login fails and I'm shown the typical "Login Attempt Failed!" screen.

Is there something I need to do to sync up the passwords for the sites I've transferred across?

#1 HostIt, Jul 24, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2006
  2. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

this seems to happen at random for me, clicking on the link again seems to work....wierd

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HostIt

HostIt Well-Known Member

I think I may have resolved the issue in my case anyway. These accounts were under the ownership of a reseller account which I hadn't yet moved across. By changing the ownership to a reseller account that does exist on the server, I was able to log in. I'll soon be able to verify whether this was the cause for me when I move the reseller account across and test one of the other accounts :)

4. HostIt

HostIt Well-Known Member

I can confirm my problem appeared to be due to the fact that I didn't have a valid 'owner' of the accounts in question. As soon as I moved their master reseller account across, I was able to access the cPanel via the link in the root WHM.