The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whm/cpanel + modernbill

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abstracthosting, Oct 17, 2003.

1. abstracthosting

if this is in wrong forum please move to appropriate
    Here is my exact error:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WWWAcct 8.0 by J. Nick Koston

Unable to find an ip address

Account Creation Complete!!!

Connection or 'createacct' function failed.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My api:

quote:

$api = array(
    // -------------------------
    "function" => "createacct",
    "cp_id" => "10",
    "client_id" => "8",
    "acctdomain" => "testdom.com",
    "acctuser" => "expothis",
    "acctpass" => "thisexpo",
    "acctplan" => "basic"
    // -------------------------
    );

accountplan: basic DOES exist in whm

ModernBill Information
    Latest Release: 4.0.2 Build 8.1 (2003/05/03)
    Your Version: 4.0.2 Build 8.1 NK3
    You have the latest version!

Whm/CPanel Information
    WHM 8.5.1 cPanel 8.5.3-R2

Ok now to get down to how I came about this error, The other day I spent many many many hours getting modernbill/cpanel set up to work with each other. Made all of the new user mistakes with curl and all that nice stuff. I get it running like it is suppose to. I have some friends test the default order form and low and behold it creates their accounts. Then yesterday came. I logged in and found that there was a new stable cpanel update out that I upgraded to "Panel 8.5.3-R2". I assumed everything would be fine. So today we get to piddling around finishing up our sites and I decide to test it again. upon trying to create the account I get the error at the top of this post. I have read everything here, at modernhost support and at the webhostiingtalk.com forums... Modernbill says that this is a cpanel error but I am hoping that someone can help me resolve this. I have tried everything that I could possibly find on the forums to fix it. I had this same problem originally then I did like others said and deleted and recreated the accounts in WHM and that fixed it. I again tried that today to no avail. I am at a loss and have lost sleep over this. help please.

this is named based hosting.... in the plan ip is not checked.
    *edit added ipless info

2. erwinfa

erwinfa Well-Known Member

3. abstracthosting

it is mapped and plan basic is available and cpanel attributes are insterted.... I fixed this problem last night however, it was a ghetto fix but a fix nonetheless. for one reason or another the wwwacct script was trying to use an ip regardless of if it was an ipless account or not. If it did not recieve a specific argument in the string passed to the scripts it would automatically default to yes for $useip I changed it to default to no for $useip and all works fine now.

4. reddrake

reddrake Well-Known Member

Mind sharing I am running the beta build and all i get is trying to find ip address..

5. abstracthosting

I came up with a ghetto fix. I opened up the cpanel wwwacct scripts and found where it was doing the ip assigning or attempting to anyway. what i found was this.

quote:

if ($ARGV[5] eq "n") {
    $useip = "n";
    } else {
    $useip = "y";
    }

not sure if how the arguments were bring passed was changed in the update and it was just defaulting to yes since it wasnt specifically getting an 'n' passed in the string. so my ghetto fix was

quote:

if ($ARGV[5] eq "n") {
    $useip = "n";
    } else {
    $useip = "n";
    }

everything works fine now. Ill look further at what they are passing and stuff tommorrow to see if I can get a better fix on it, but for now my stuff is up and running.

ONLY USE THIS FIX if you use name based hosting.

(took a further look at it before going to sleep and it is indeed just a problem of some slop in the script)

6. reddrake

reddrake Well-Known Member

no it doesn't use auto assigned....

Tried with beta custom and plan based both are no luck haven't tried his fix yet.

7. anton

anton Member

We have the same problem. The accounts are not created as they should be and also upgrade/downgrade in the servers does not work. Will be submitting ticket.