lblanchardiii

Nov 20, 2005
Can I install WHM/cPanel on a Debian 10.9 (Buster) installation. I've been running CentOS for years, but now that it's going away I've been venturing into using Debian more. I am in the process of migrating my old server (CentOS) to a new Debian install and want to install WHM/cPanel on it.

IGSteven

Mar 3, 2018
Coventry
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter

lblanchardiii

Nov 20, 2005
I would think if it works on Ubuntu it'll work on Debian as well. I mean since Ubuntu is based off Debian, no reason why it wouldn't work. Correct?

I have decided to stay away from everything based on RHL. I've been working with Ubuntu and Debian a lot since the news of CentOS going a different direction than what suits my needs.

I am not a reseller, by any means, but I do like how WHM/cPanel makes hosting multiple sites on the same server really easy with a nice GUI to get up and running quickly.

Perhaps it's time I move away from WHM/cPanel and look into other server management software that can handle my needs. This isn't an insult to WHM/cPanel by any stretch of the imagination. Just trying to figure out what I can do to handle hosting my web sites.