The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM & cPanel stats not working at all

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vlus, Apr 7, 2004.

1. vlus

vlus Member

Hello:

I am a reseller. My parent host supposedly was migrating our sites to another machine in mid-February. Supposedly, cPanel was performing this service for them.

Ever since then, neither our main site or any of our clients sites have any webstats. I have repeatedly told our parent host that we can not run a business that is in part based upon bandwidth consumption, if neither we or our end clients have working statistics.

I have complained numerous times and each time they say they are waiting on cPanel.

Has anyone else had such a problem, and are their any cPanel techs on this board to offer suggestions? I don't think I can put a TT in directly with cPanel, since I'm not actually their customer, my parent host is (who supposedly has had an ongoing issue with cPanel about this) I just can't believe in this day and age that it could take 7 weeks to solve such a problem.

Can't they just reload the software or somthing?

Thank you in advance for any light shed!
    Vlus

2. perfectsquare

perfectsquare Active Member

I think the stats problems are due to high server loads. If the server load is too high, CPanel skips compiling stats for the day. At least, that is what I have experienced.

I set the 'The load average above the number of cpus at which logs file processing should be suspended (default 0):' up to 5 from 0, and now the logs process. This will also cause your CRON jobs to be skipped.

But, there is something currently with WHM/CPanel which is causing high loads on a LOT of servers. This has been going on for around a month. I'll be glad when CPanel figures this out.

3. vlus

vlus Member

Very interesting. Thank you for the reply. I will pass this info to my parent host. Maybe they are not aware of the server load relationship to the stats processing.

How do you know it is cPanel making the server load so high as to cause the problem?