The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whm/cpanel upgrade, now no email at all

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Mibble, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Mibble

Mibble Active Member

whm/cpanel upgraded to the latest ~stable release~ today, now no email is going through anywhere. my host, where i purchase my dedicated service space from states 'We are looking into your issue and will reply shortly.'. The problem started earlier this morning, this was the latest communication from them 2 1/2 hours ago. anyone else experiencing problems similar to this? what has worked for you?

2. orty

orty Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you running mailscanner? I found when I had a Perl upgrade, it hosed my Mailscanner install as Mailscanner needed some perl libraries that Perl could no longer find.

Have a look at /var/log/maillog and if you see lines about perl modules, you may need to reinstall it.

It happened to me last week, so try here and see if it helps:
    http://utterlyboring.com/archives/2007/06/24/random_cpanel_l.php

3. jandafields

jandafields Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This happened to me too. In my situation, after the upgrade to 11, exim switched to maildir mode for delivery although all my inboxes were mbox. So, it was delivering them as files to maildir folders, but my email was still being read as mbox. When I ran /scripts/convert2maildir, it put them all together with the old mbox messages and changed the entire system to maildir, so none of my email was lost when I "wasn't receiving it". I just couldn't access it.