The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whm/cpanel/webmail intermediate certificate ?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by hostmoon, May 9, 2006.

1. hostmoon

hostmoon Well-Known Member

I'll admit it I'm cheap. I bought a godaddy cert, that requires installation of an intermediate cert to work fine.. I have no problems with apache installation of the immediate cert for any sites I have setup, but I cannot figure out/get cpanel to work with the intermediate cert in any way. I've tried plugging it into the cabundle textbox when config'n the cert for cpanel but it insists it's a self-signed cert. I can't make it work. I've wandered the cpanel dir's in search of a clue to come up blank. Am I forced to buy a cert that is recognized by all browsers (hence paying much more ?) or can I get this to work the cheap way?

thx
    dale

2. jbreck

jbreck Member
    PartnerNOC

Ditto

I'm having the same problem, using a Digicert. Cpanel is not loading the cabundle/intermediate cert for whm/cpanel/etc. We have over 12 cpanel servers and have never had this problem before.

3. jbreck

jbreck Member
    PartnerNOC

Fixed !

I actually figured this one out. For some reason, cpanel isn't picking up the intermediate cert when it places it in /usr/local/cpanel/etc/mycpanel.cabundle like it does on all of our other servers...

I simply concatanated the mycpanel.cabundle file onto mycpanel.pem, and it works great.

Cpanel people, if you are listening, this might be worth looking into. I've also noticed on our box that stunnel doesn't restart correctly (CentOS 4) ... it appears to be using the systems cpanel. Copying over /usr/local/cpanel/etc/init/startstunnel from an earlier box seemed to fix this, and it stops and restarts kosher as well.