The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whm create account opens home page of another website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pakistan, Apr 6, 2015.

1. pakistan

pakistan Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I am facing this issue for many days, when i create a new account it opens home page another website as default page.
    I tired to create even index.php file but even then it shows home page of another site. My whm was working good until few weeks ago but now this happened.

When i do site.com/index.php it shows correct page but if open site.com it shows home page of anothe site on same server.

Please help !

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Are you sure it's not a browser/DNS cache issue? For instance, does it also show the other web page when you open the IP address assigned to the account directly in your browser?

Thank you.

3. madmanmachines

madmanmachines Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    As cPanelMichael suggested, this may be DNS or cache issue. If mod_ruid2 is not enabled, you can use the temporary URL(e.g. 192.168.0.1/~bob) to verify. You may check if mod_ruid2 is enabled at WHM > Service Configuration > Configure PHP and suEXEC. If mod_ruid2 is enabled, you may use your computer's local 'hosts' file to verify:
    How To Geek: Edit Your Hosts File

I like to use one of these methods above, and create a 'hello world' test file. If you use the hosts file method, just be sure to remove any lines you added when finished, and to leave any existing lines in place.

Thanks,