The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM Demo Account Configuration.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SkyI, Aug 26, 2005.

1. SkyI

SkyI Registered

Hi,

I have a WHM reseller panel . I am having a few problems with it .

Recently i created a demo account and the package of hosting was such that all the limitation for email accounts , sub domains and stuff was set to "unlimited" .But after the creation of the account when i logged into the cPanel of this demo account i found that all limitations were removed and everything was set 0 . Now what do i with this demo account as i am not abe to create and sub domains and ftp accounts or anything.

Now the problem was more confusing when i edited the package and set the max limit to all the features like sub domains and email accounts to 10x10x10x10x10x10 . [ which is virtually unlimited ] . After so i logged in to the cPanel of the demo account and found out that all limitations where set to 10x10x10x...n accounts . Now i was able to create sub domains and MySQL Databases under that account.

My problem lies in when some one tries the demo on my site he gonna see the unprofessional and weird number of accounts alloted to the package. I just want to make it appear unlimited and so what should i do for it.

I have tried editing the package with spell checks of the word unlimited and changing into both uppercase ad lowercase letters but none had worked .So can somebody help me out with,

Secondly i want a text message to be appearing in the cpanel main page of the demo account to mention the visitors that certain features are disabled in the demo account.
    Is there anyway to do so.

Thanks,
    SkyI

2. askax

askax Registered

I have the same problem as well, did anyone know how to fix it?

3. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I would never use the demo account on a server with live clients. The demo accounts in past have been shown to have flaws. I suggest you either use flash demos or cpaneldemos.com

4. brianoz

brianoz Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Using demo accounts is just asking to be broken into - I wouldn't if I was you, unless you have a separate server to use as a sandbox you can run them in.