The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM DNS Settings

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by benz1ne, Apr 9, 2012.

1. benz1ne

benz1ne Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Everyone,

I'm at my final attempt with the situation I'm in... I have a domain name hosted at MediaTemple which I use as my nameservers for a handful of clients: /http://www.necreative.net] (ns1.necreative.net & ns2.necreative.net).

I have ns1 pointing to one of my servers IP's (178.63.100.216) and ns2 pointing to the other (178.63.100.232).

As far as I know everything seems to be working fine with the .co.uk domain names but when I come to change the nameservers to a .com on 123-Reg (This is where I purchase and hold my domains) I get an error:

"Failed to Modify Domain Nameservers: Nameserver not found at registry"

I don't know where I am going wrong, I don't do many websites with my work as I'm an editorial designer...

I've attached a few screenshots of my settings on necreative.net, a .co.uk of a domain that's working with the ns1 & ns2.necreative.net and my config of my WHM server (not sure if you'd need more).

If anybody could help with this I'd be really appreciative, I'm about to pull my hair out as I've been reading hundreds of different articles, I've contacted 123-reg who said I needed to contact media temple and have them set glue records (which I did) but still not able to add the nameservers!

Thanks

P.S If there's an easier way to be doing this I am open to suggestions too!

2. ruzbehraja

ruzbehraja Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you "registered" the nameservers with your domain provider for the ns1 and ns2.necreative.net

Just having the A records for ns1 and ns2 pointing to the right IP's will not help.

the Nameservers need to be REGISTERED. You may find an option like "Register Nameservers" or "Register Child Nameservers" as an option in your domain control panel for necreative.net

tanker-amine likes this.