Takito

Feb 14, 2017
UA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello guys,

I just logged into my whmdnsonly server and saw a message that it needs to be rebooted to apply updates. I made a graceful reboot and after that it is not responding. I can access it only via provider's console.

Any ideas what should I look for? :/

CentOS 7.1 x64

Thank you

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I made a graceful reboot and after that it is not responding. I can access it only via provider's console.
Hello,

This is generally something your provider or system administrator will need to investigate. Do you notice any particular output to /var/log/messages or /var/log/dmesg when the system is booting?

Thank you.

Takito

Feb 14, 2017
UA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
ok guys, I have found a solution. I will post it here as this is a very popular provider - DigitalOcean

I'm using their droplets for many years but after the reboot yesterday I wasn't able to connect to it, only via their console. I have found that there is no network connection to the "world" so I asked their support what is wrong. And here is their reply:

Your Droplet wanting to use DHCP for address assignment, but our network and Droplets use static IP address assignment, not DHCP. These lines should be set like so in your ifcfg-eth0 file:
NM_CONTROLLED="no"
BOOTPROTO=static
IPADDR=AAA.BB.CC.DD
NETMASK=AAA.BB.CC.DD
GATEWAY=AAA.BB.CC.DD

Where AAA.BB.CC.DD are, of course, the actual IP addresses for your Droplet
I'm not sure who's fault it is(Cpanel made changes to their config or DO to their network) as it was working fine for a few years before.

Cheers

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

I recommend reporting that issue to DO, as the creation of the droplets is handled through their software.

Thank you.