remote44

Registered
Sep 30, 2021
Hungary
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Dear forum users!

I have a VPS with Cent OS 7 operating system, installed WHM and cPanel by the provider.
I have a theoretical and a practical question.

The first.:
At the WHM, i can change "primary DNS zone". What is it?
I have 37 domains registered on my provider's DNS address, and i manage them from my provider's login panel, but it is not the best, because i have to add my DKIM/SPF and other records manually.. and.: if my users manage their DNS zones from cPanel, it does not updates..
How should it work? I have a primary domain and i think i have to use my primary domain as DNS provider too, but im not sure.

My other questions is about EXIM
As i said, i have 37 domains and all of them are using Wodpress, with simple PHP Mail function..
The problem, is that the outgoing emails are lands in SPAM folder..
My main domain is.: maindomain.com and the hostname is cp.maindomain.com.
If i send an email from testdomain.com, it shows up like: "[email protected]" through cp.maindomain.com

The Office365 exchange forum said that if the sender domain is not equals with the from domain, it will be marked as spam every time so i have to dosomehow that.: if my users send an email from their domain, my exim should use "[email protected]" through mail.testdomain.com whitch should point to my VPS ip address.

Is it possible?
Sorry for my bad english but my native language is Hungarian :D

Thanks,
Bálint,

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! Your English is just fine!

I'm not familiar with the "primary domain" area that you are seeing - can you get me more details on that?

As far as the emails, ever email should be sent through an authenticated account. This may mean the scripts need to be re-coded or adjusted to send from a specific user.

remote44

Registered
Sep 30, 2021
Hungary
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
So.: As you can see, i've attached a screenshot how the mails lands.
And another about hostname
and another about a successfully sent email, what lands in spam folder.

I think the Office365 span protection's problem is with "[email protected] via cp.uccpilot.com" mail host domain does not equals from host.

Attachments