The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM feature requests to reduce your tech load.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gunmuse, Oct 12, 2009.

1. gunmuse

gunmuse Well-Known Member

I am going to list some features that would reduce the load on your tech's. This is basically for a new box setup and install.

A hardened version of Cpanel.

LFD / CSF Your techs go right for LFD when services are being shutdown and/or locked out. While this is a 3rd party plugin its also one of the easiest to install into cpanel and configure the firewall with.

RDNS zones. On a new box installation this is a confusing thing to many of us because its a one time setup deal. I understand that Noc's often take care of this but sometimes they don't putting in a zone and small area to set it up in your local dns server is not a lot to ask for.

I bought my licence from a 3rd party vendor. You need to police these guys, lets say make them answer their phone during working hours as a small criteria. Not take shortcuts to get a licence to operate despite objections. (they licenced my gateway because they couldn't ping my server).

Mail its spam and its processes are pigs. Having the ability to set up a seperate server to handle mail and that be defaulted via WHM would be AWESOME. What a wonderful thing to offload that process to it own mess automatically. Its should just be a simple matter of setting up zones and creating some account creation hooks on the slave server, but right now its not.

This ability itself could lead to a new type of service on the internet (some one who just handles all my customers mail) So implementing this option would lead to 3rd party support for this kind of service.

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please don't post multiple requests in a single thread. Each request should have a dedicated thread.

As for your post, it is rambling and makes little sense. What exactly are you requesting?

3. larwilliams

larwilliams Active Member

I think his misunderstood the forum topic. He appears to be offering feedback regarding tech support, none of which mirrors my own experiences dealing with you guys. For example, nobody has ever suggested removing our CSF firewall.

4. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    OK. Moving this to the General forum as its current location seems inappropriate.