The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM Firewall Allow IPs and Email problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by ashah888, Jan 24, 2012.

1. ashah888

ashah888 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello, I have a very strange problem where enabling the firewall through WHM prevents certain IPs (in this case, mine) from setting up OUTGOING emails to work on a personal mail client.

However, even though the outgoing email doesn't work when firewall is enabled, I can still access/use webmail fine, and I can also access the website fine.

And then, during my process of trying different settings/passwords/solutions, the firewall seemed to think I was dangerous and blocked me somehow.

So then, I was locked out of my own server, so I got someone else to let me in by disabling the firewall for me. However I cannot find my IP address in the WHM firewall Deny IP list...

So I tried adding my IP address into the WHM Allow IP list and then I turned the firewall back on. However, this didn't work as I immediately got blocked by my own server once again.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? Why is the Allow IP list not working? Why am I blocked by the WHM firewall even though I do not see my self in the Deny IP List??

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

cPanel does not include a firewall. Are you using a firewall from a third-party provider such as ConfigServer? If so, you will need to consult with their documentation for details on how to allow your own IP address. The "Host Access Control" option in Web Host Manager can allow or deny access to services, however it will not override iptables rules configured by a firewall.

Thank you.