The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM full Backup

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by sarathshone, Jan 6, 2015.

1. sarathshone

sarathshone Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I would like to take the complete backup of cpanel. I think legacy backup will facilitate this . But my goal is to backup to a backup server , which will be having a custom GUI to restore . i.e I can select the backup and WHM server to restore, which will automatically restore to the server. Is it possible. I can see APIs for cpanel account restore , but couldnt find the same for legacy restore . Please help .

2. keat63

keat63 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

I've just recently had to do a restore and it seems that while you can backup the WHM system files, there is no functionality to restore them automatically.
    I was hoping I could perform a basic build, run a restore and everything would be back to the state it was prior to the rebuild.
    Unless anyone else comes along and says differently, then this is not the case.

I had to perform the basic build, configure php/apache and name servers etc.
    Then install my firewall, before i could even think about restoring the user accounts.

What i was hoping should have taken maybe only a few hours, took about 12, and was quite manual