The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whm Help - Please!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aaron R Smith, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Aaron R Smith

Aaron R Smith Registered

HERE IS MY PROBLEM WHM Wizards:

- I recently purchased SiteSpinner, by Virtual Mechanics (I KNOW I KNOW, insert laugh and smirk here guys... but it won all the awards and I only had $50 in my wallet, and didn't have 2 extra years to go to technical college!)

Well, my first attempt at publishing it to the web via their built in FTP publisher, worked flawlessly. (It's the same FTP program that Web-Easy and Web-Studio etc etc ALL have - so I've used it extensively before with no issues or confusion)

NOW - fast forward over a week, and I am 100% UNABLE to publish anything NEW/UPDATED/EDITED at all - FOR BODYBYDESIGNINC.COM period. The most confusing part, is that when I select 'PUBLISH' from the program, it loads, uploads, and published to my server perfectly, without an error. (BUT, I think the problem resides within the server, or the set-up passwords and logins at least.)

SO LASTLY...

This week, in an attempt to 'self-fix' this glitch, I tried to configure the passwords and change a bunch of crap around - and then the problem just stayed the same, but got worse.

NOW MY MAIN (WHM) LOGIN TO SERVER(dot)HOSTINGCREST(dot)COM IS THE SAME AS MY MAIN DOMAIN ACCOUNT LISTED THERE: bodybydesigninc.com

I BELIEVE THIS is what is causing the problems updating/loading the newer versions of the site I have been working so hard on - it DOES publish, but to some obscure on-line folder within my server somewhere, BUT I NEED IT OF COURSE to publish to the specific domain of bodybydesigninc.com.

HOW DO I DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN THESE 2 LOG-INS AND PASSWORDS????????

Originally, my log-in for hostingcrest.com:2086 was Artainium, and then I simply inserted my password for access to Hosting Crest, and my main domain was seperate from my WHM log-in, and the World was wonderful.

MAIN QUESTION PLEASE - I'M BEGGING YOU GUYS!
    HOW CAN I MAKE MY LOG-IN (WHM) DEDICATED NAME *AND* PASSWORDS, DIFFERENT THAN THE 'MAIN' DOMAIN ACCOUNT ON HOSTINGCREST.COM, WHICH ARE RIGHT NOW BOTH BODYBYDE (since my main domain is bodybydesigninc.com)????????

> So, how can I make the MAIN LOG-IN with that fancy little window pop-up window for hostingcrest.com DIFFERENT than my main BODYBYDE (for BodybyDesigninc.com) 1 of 4 domains (accounts) I own and have on Hostingcrest at the moment - ALL SO THAT MY FTP PROGRAM IN SITE SPINNER CAN INTERPRET THE DIFFERENT BETWEEN JUST PUBLISHING TO HOSTINGCREST, AND PUBLISHING DIRECTLY TO BODYBYDESIGNINC.COM??????????

-Thanks

Sincere Regards & Respect;
    -Aaron Ray Smith: CESO/CPT -Joshua 1:9-
    www.alphaMUSCLEsports.com
    EST Nutrition Athletic Counsel & Spokesperson www.ESTnutrition.com
    Official Team Cutler President & MySpace Managing Publicist
    www.myspace.com/jaycutlerfanpage

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    First thing, change your passwords, all of them. You just posted them to a forum full of strangers. :eek:

Second, your host should be able to assist you with this. They sold you the server they should be able to help you login to it.

As for the rest, you should never use root user account for anything.

3. Aaron R Smith

Aaron R Smith Registered

Ha... good point man, but I only have my domain name and an out-of-date 3+ month old user-id; never gave out my password - thank goodness, wouldn't have surprsed me!

Anyway - I tried to contact my server, but the support ticker required me to fill in a field of info I didn't know... oh well, I'll keep trying and googling. Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer bro, for real. Take care.

4. Rickvz

Rickvz Well-Known Member

Most hosts ask for the username and password for your account in the support ticket. If you don't know something just enter none or don't know and it should still let you enter the ticket. They will likely ask you for more information to verify who you are but they should be able to help you.