The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM - How to delete main domain and make all domains listed in public_html folder ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crossing, Apr 15, 2015.

1. crossing

crossing Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hello,

I have several websites which I need to move them from another panel to WHM/Cpanel. I keep trying to make things look nice on my own cPanel account, I mean to have my domains listed nicely on public_html folder. I would like to have all my domains listed under that folder but without a dummy initial domain that needs to be setup when I create my own Cpanel account, looks nasty when adding subdomains or under cPanel main window. Or maybe use one of my own domains when I add my cPanel account but after that to make a folder with that website name under public_html folder. Is this possible to achieve ?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You will need to use at least one domain name as the primary domain name associated with the account. You can add the additional domain names as addon domain names. Once the account is created, you can setup a folder for the first domain name, and change the document root for it per the instructions on this post:

https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/documentroot-and-htttpd-conf.359282/

Thank you.