The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM - How to remove/delete a sticky user account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by keith@dito.ca, Mar 30, 2006.

1. keith@dito.ca

keith@dito.ca Member

In WHM:

I created a user account, made that account a reseller. Then deleted the account. The account still shows up as a reseller, although it is not listed in the user account list. Subsequently I wanted to add back the account, but the system will not let me since it says that the domain name is already taken...

This is my first cPanel installation and I am running into some headaches and I am hoping for some community support.

Keith

2. aby

aby Well-Known Member

Please check /var/named and see if there is an entry for that domain. If so delete it from there. Then check httpd.conf and delete the corresponding entry for that domain if any, then named.conf is also a place to check and remove the entry. Then try to create the account and then paste the error you get if any. I believe it should be solved now.

3. keith@dito.ca

keith@dito.ca Member

Thx, and also thx to layeredtech.com

Thx for you advice AMY, and further to your post I was adviced by my DC support to do this after your suggestion:

execute userdel xxusernamexx, then delete with rm,
    all user xxnamexx files from /home/xxusernamexx

execute /scripts/killacct xxusernamexx or xxdomainnamexx from a bash or sh shell.

No lingering info will remain after all steps performed.

Thx for all your help