The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM IP Migration Wizard not updating DNS zones for shared IP migration under NAT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by asep_kampak02, Sep 13, 2016.

1. asep_kampak02

asep_kampak02 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    im using ip migration tool for change my primary ip address to others ip, migration success but when i see dns zone all ip address change to proxy server. not my acctual ip address.
    i see in list account tab, all site bind to my primary address, but not dns zone.

im using os centos 6.7 whm version whm 58.0 build 27.

please give some advice thanks.

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :),

If you want to change your IP n only DNS zone then I will suggest you please take backup of your named folder and then try with the replace command. With the replace command you can change your IP address to new one in your all DNS zone in single command.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

This is fixed in cPanel version 60 per the following entry in the change log:

Fixed case CPANEL-6812: Make whostmgr2 ip migrate step 6 account for NATed IPs in zonefiles.

The temporary workaround is to run through the IP Migration Wizard three separate times. First, switch to the the new IP address. Next, switch back to the original IP address, and finally, switch back to the new IP.

You can review the full change log, information on updating cPanel/WHM, and information on the build/release process at:

60 Change Log - Change Logs - cPanel Documentation
    How can I update cPanel & WHM?
    Product Versions and the Release Process - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.