The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM list account -> no account listed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Suter Rainer, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Suter Rainer

Suter Rainer Well-Known Member

I've a huge problem. In the WHM list account on the left hand side, I can't see any longer the account information, they lost. The information is 0 there. In the menu structures 'resellers' and than 'show reseller account' I can see the account but nowwher else.

The Domains on this server are working but it's not possible to check the emails (userid and password incorrect, 'sorry I can't find an owner for this domain').

I really need some help, thank you in advanced.

2. vivek

vivek Well-Known Member

Hello.

Check whether those entries are present in httpd.conf. Lot of time it happens that domains are on the server but cant be listed in List Account, at that time you have to check the httpd.conf, entries are missing

Enjoy,

Vivek.

3. Dayakin

Dayakin Registered

Make sure that in /var/cpanel/users you have the config files for those domains and if they are there make sure they have a line "DNS=domain.name" if not try adding it

Alex

4. DigitalSurgeon

DigitalSurgeon Well-Known Member

Try the suggested two methods in above two replies.If none helps then check that are you using a stable version of Cpanel if not then use /scripts/upcp.In mos tof the cases WHM list Accounts issue is due to the unstable Cpanel release.

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You can also try running the following script which often fixes most of such issues:

/scripts/updateuserdomains

6. vivek

vivek Well-Known Member

Hello,

Make sure that domains entry should be in
    /etc/userdomains
    /etc/trueuserdomains
    /etc/named.conf
    Also make sure that users entry should be in /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow.

Enjoy. :D

7. handsonhosting

handsonhosting Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    /etc/trueuserdomains

that has always been the one that trips me up. Every time I've had problems, that's the one that seems to be the one that causes it.

8. buro9

buro9 Member

I'm on Stable branch only, yet my List Accounts function is now dead.

I've tried all of the above, and nothing has fixed it or the files are correct in the first place.

Anyone else seeing this today? I notice a flurry of activity, which suggest to me other people are seeing it too.

9. VIPsNET

VIPsNET Active Member

I have solution for my problem, the accounts did not list I removed /etc/userdomains file and run /script/updateuserdomains it fixed the problem.

10. Optichosts

Optichosts Member

Just so you all know, i have the following installed on my server; WHM 10.6.0 cPanel 10.8.0-S59, CentOS 3.5 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0.. I found that, that version of cpanel does not update the /etc/trueuserdomains when an account is created or terminated. I dont know when this will be fixed all i know is its a pain. expeciall when i have to transfer over accounts from another server. Anywho just letting all you people out there that have this problem how to fix it.

11. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Have you logged the problem with cPanel?

12. wisehost

wisehost Registered

I have a similiar problem - but only with one of my resellers. About 12 of his subdomains no longer show in his WHM.

If he logs into cpanel as root (0) is shown next to the subdomain missing and under for his main domain it shows "yourdomain.com" then his username.

Running updateuserdomains show the following for all missing accounts:

[userdomains] domain conflict: /var/cpanel/users/xxxx contains a MAIN domain already owned by yyyy at /scripts/updateuserdomains line 184, line 2.

If I look into the /var/cpanel/users/xxxx for the missing subdomains what should be in it and what should be corresponding in the /var/cpanel/users/YYYY (main domain) ??

I know dns= should be set for the main domain but I see xdns= and dns= in some files also?

13. yippee

yippee Registered

This subject revolves around my initial problem, however I see there is a bigger problem...I am new at whm and have a dedicated server and do not know how to run a script like that. Is it something you do with the "PuTTy" program? If so Where can a quick learning rookie go to learn putty? The program is foriegn to me. But I insist on running my own sites..

14. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

15. yippee

yippee Registered

Thank you for the quick response.

The putty program I guess is not what I have a problem with, where can I learn what to type into the window to do things like run a script as mentioned above or to upload a backup file to the /home directory so I can restore from inside. The how to do that with PuTTY as opposed to how to use PuTTY is what I am looking for.

16. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member