The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM List Accounts show only a few accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aric1, Aug 24, 2005.

  1. Aric1

    Aric1 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2003
    Messages:
    324
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Running the latest current on one machine and WHM only has 5 accounts listed (it should 2x that).

    httpd.conf is fine, all accounts show up fine in virtual domains in that file.

    All accounts work fine (webmail, cpanel, web pages, FTP, etc.) even those that WHM isn't listing.

    /car/cpanel/users/ contains all accounts and data.

    I also tried running /scripts/updateuserdomain and /scripts/fixeverything. Both complete their tasks just fine.

    Anyone have any other ideas on how to get this fixed?
     
  2. bijo

    bijo Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2004
    Messages:
    475
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    India
    Trueuserdomains

    Hello,

    Check the file /etc/trueuseromains. May be missing entries in that file. Let me know the status ;)
     
  3. oleanhst

    oleanhst Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2004
    Messages:
    33
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    I am having the same issue, running 10.6.0 Edge 73. There is perl script around here to fix that, but how do you run it?
     
  4. oleanhst

    oleanhst Active Member

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2004
    Messages:
    33
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    I fixed the issue by running ./scripts/updateuserdomains
     
  5. Aric1

    Aric1 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2003
    Messages:
    324
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Yes, that file only has 5 accounts listed on the server that is affected.

    /scripts/updateuserdomains

    doesn't do anything to that file. owner/group and permissions are identical to other servers that list all accounts.
     
  6. aby

    aby Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 31, 2005
    Messages:
    638
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    India

    Please try to manually add the entries of the domains missing to the file

    /etc/trueuserdomains

    Then it should work. If still not working try the script

    /scripts/updateuserdomains

    But the entry in the file /etc/trueuserdomains should be there.
     
  7. Aric1

    Aric1 Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2003
    Messages:
    324
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    As I noted, /scripts/updateuserdomains does nothing to fix the problem on my server. The /etc/truedomains file remains untouched.

    Thankfully I don't have many accounts on that server (since it's just for testing purposes), so I manually added all the domains and usernames to that file. Everything is OK now.

    I think I'll be adding /etc/truedomains to my backup processes on my other servers. If I had to manually add 100+ accounts, I think I'd go nuts. :)

    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
     
  8. lbccserv

    lbccserv Active Member

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2004
    Messages:
    38
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    I had the same problem - the latest edge fix fixed the broken /script.
     
Loading...

Share This Page