The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM List Subdomain Bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sparek-3, Jun 1, 2010.

1. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Not sure where to post bug reports any more, so I am just making a thread here.

It appears that there is a bug in the List Subdomains part of the WHM. The feature is listing all subdomains that are part of a domain name, regardless of ownership.

For example:

Say you create a new account using the WHM's Create a New Account link, domain: example.com, with the username example.

Now create another new account using the WHM's Create a New Account link, domain: atestsub.example.com, with the username atestsub.

Now click on the List Subdomains link in the WHM and for the domain name example.com and the username example the subdomain atestsub.example.com is listed.

Is this the intended behavior?

Perhaps there is a difference of definition in terms of what is a subdomain and what is not. I consider a subdomain to be a sub part of a main domain name that is also owned by that same main domain name. That is a subdomain is created from within a user's cPanel, not from the WHM.

If the intended behavior is that the List Subdomains gives a list of all subdomains that are dependent on a certain domain name, then isn't the username aspect of the List Subdomain page also incorrect?

I am seeing this behavior in cPanel 11.25.0-R45750

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Link on top right corner of forums titled Bugs.