The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM load shows

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by designmania, Nov 15, 2011.

1. designmania

designmania Member

Nov 10, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

My site normally will be down a couple of times a day, including WHM. During the down time of WHM, I can see that the load on WHM was showing as high as 66/43/22. Although the physical server was not down, but the websites are not accessible.

I wonder what causes the overload. I am pretty sure that there are only few people accessing the site during the down time. It normally takes about 3~5 minutes and then back to normal - down to 1.25/1.1/0.89.

I use CloudLinux to setup the CPU of 25% and 30 of concurrent connections. I also use CSF to enable syncflood_rate=20/s, syncflood_burst=10, portflood=22;tcp;5;300,80;tcp;20;3. However, it is still happening everyday.

I have a 4 cpu Q9550 2.83GHz and 6GM memory server. So, it should be enough.

Does any one know what might cause this issue and how do I track what's the process causing the overload? Thank you very much for your help.
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Have you tried checking the "Daily Process Log" to see if any processes are using large amounts of CPU or Memory? You can find the "Daily Process Log" at:

"WHM >> Server Status >> Daily Process Log"

Thank you.