Ashi Oni

Jun 11, 2010
Howdy:

I'm kind of new to this so please bear with me.

I have recently setup a new CentOS 5.5 x86_64 box with WHM/cPanel. I'm going through and configuring it as much as I know how at this point.

One issue that seems like it might be a problem is the fact the mail queue is filling up with literally hundreds of emails for [email protected]

These emails are for all sorts of things. Mostly minor warnings of this or that.

I have checked in the exim.conf file and noticed that the never_users = root

Should that be commented out? (unset)

Or am I totally looking in the wrong area to fix this.

Thanks for any and all help.

JaredR.

Feb 25, 2010
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
You can set forwarding preferences

Many services on the server may send warnings and informational messages. cPanel itself sends notifications regarding update runs, services being restarted, accounts being created or terminated, and backup runs.

Instead of trying to delete the messages, it is better to forward them to an address you check regularly, so that you can review them. There is a very good chance that some of the messages will contain important information, and ignoring them may cause you to miss a problem that will escalate into a more serious problem.

You can easily set the forwarding preferences in the WebHost Manager, in Main >> Server Contacts >> Change System Mail Preferences.

The following section of our documentation explains these forwarding options:

Change System Mail Preferences

I strongly recommend setting a forwarding preference, instead of disregarding the messages or trying to make a change to try to prevent them from being sent.

Ashi Oni

Jun 11, 2010
Resolved

Jared, thanks you're the man. It appears I totally over looked changing system mail preferences.

Thanks again

Many services on the server may send warnings and informational messages. cPanel itself sends notifications regarding update runs, services being restarted, accounts being created or terminated, and backup runs.

Instead of trying to delete the messages, it is better to forward them to an address you check regularly, so that you can review them. There is a very good chance that some of the messages will contain important information, and ignoring them may cause you to miss a problem that will escalate into a more serious problem.

You can easily set the forwarding preferences in the WebHost Manager, in Main >> Server Contacts >> Change System Mail Preferences.

The following section of our documentation explains these forwarding options:

Change System Mail Preferences

I strongly recommend setting a forwarding preference, instead of disregarding the messages or trying to make a change to try to prevent them from being sent.