The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM/Mail Queue filling up with root@server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Ashi Oni, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Ashi Oni

Ashi Oni Member

Howdy:

I'm kind of new to this so please bear with me.

I have recently setup a new CentOS 5.5 x86_64 box with WHM/cPanel. I'm going through and configuring it as much as I know how at this point.

One issue that seems like it might be a problem is the fact the mail queue is filling up with literally hundreds of emails for root@servername

These emails are for all sorts of things. Mostly minor warnings of this or that.

I have checked in the exim.conf file and noticed that the never_users = root

Should that be commented out? (unset)

Or am I totally looking in the wrong area to fix this.

Thanks for any and all help.

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can set forwarding preferences

Many services on the server may send warnings and informational messages. cPanel itself sends notifications regarding update runs, services being restarted, accounts being created or terminated, and backup runs.

Instead of trying to delete the messages, it is better to forward them to an address you check regularly, so that you can review them. There is a very good chance that some of the messages will contain important information, and ignoring them may cause you to miss a problem that will escalate into a more serious problem.

You can easily set the forwarding preferences in the WebHost Manager, in Main >> Server Contacts >> Change System Mail Preferences.

The following section of our documentation explains these forwarding options:

Change System Mail Preferences

I strongly recommend setting a forwarding preference, instead of disregarding the messages or trying to make a change to try to prevent them from being sent.

3. Ashi Oni

Ashi Oni Member

Resolved

Jared, thanks you're the man. It appears I totally over looked changing system mail preferences.

Thanks again

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You are very welcome. I am glad you found the information useful.