The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM manage SSH keys will not authorize

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valuehosted, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Valuehosted

Valuehosted Well-Known Member

I am running into an odd issue regarding SSH keys.

I created a set of keys and when I try to authorize the public.key it says "xxx.pub has been Authorized" but when I go back to manage SSH keys; the same key says in it is unauthorized.

Tried this a few times before I realize it wasn't going to magically work.. So .. what gives? What magic step am I missing? :p

Thanks,
    --Tone

2. Valuehosted

Valuehosted Well-Known Member

well... just to confuse the issue even further... I decided to give the key a try anyways and guess what... it worked.. go figure!

So there must be a bug in WHM 11.25.0 - X 3.9 that does not output the pub.key authorization status correctly; which also means you cannot unauthorize a pub.key either which might be somewhat of a security issue as you think the key is not usable when in fact it still is.

Kind Regards,
    --Tone

3. Miraenda

Miraenda Well-Known Member

I have multiple machines on 11.25.0 (from STABLE to CURRENT) where it's authorizing properly in Manage SSH Keys area in WHM.

Your best bet would be to open a ticket to see what's going on in WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel area.