The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM Multiple Account Transfer, wrong password.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pawlectro, Dec 4, 2012.

1. pawlectro

pawlectro Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Started transfer from old host to new host. I did not uncheck "Use Compression." Old host has space issues. TMP folder filled to 100% crippling live sites during the transfer process. I had to abort. I aborted by using a graceful reboot at old host.

I waited 4 hours then attempted to do transfer with no compression. I was thrown "Password Incorrect."

It is not incorrect! Nothing changed at old host. I can still directly login with the same id and pass through Putty. The IP of the new host is whitelisted in Hulk and Host Access. I double checked the blacklist to make sure it is not there.

Maybe the interrupted transfer created an issue?

How do I fix this?

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    First, rebooting a server is not a very good way to stop a transfer. Linux can start and stop services very easily, unlike some other operating systems, so the only reasons to reboot a Linux server are if it is completely inaccessible, or for a kernel update. Anything else can be stopped using other methods, including if necessary the kill command. Unlike a Windows desktop system, a Linux system should never rebooted unless it is completely inaccessible or the kernel has been updated.

Where, exactly, are you seeing "Password Incorrect?" Is it from the page Home » Transfers » Copy Multiple Accounts/Packages From Another Server? You can try resetting the old server's root password by running this command as root:

Code:
    # passwd
    If both servers are accessible via SSH, please submit a ticket. We will not be able to do the actual account copy for you but we may be able to identify the problem so that you can proceed.