The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whm (mysql5 to mysql4 ??)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xserverx, Nov 17, 2007.

1. xserverx

xserverx Member

in whm tweak setting I have changed mysql ver4.0 to mysql ver5.0 with mistake
    when I want to make restore of mysql ver 4.0 in tweak setting I dont find the radio button to select mysql ver 0.4

how to fix this please and retorn to vr 0.4 again ??

2. Metro2

Metro2 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I might be wrong, but I believe the only way you can downgrade back to 4 is if you have a backup dump of your entire mySQL 4 that you can manually restore to the server. I honestly would not know how to go about doing the downgrade/restore, but I made sure to have a backup of mySQL 4 before upgrading to 4.1 (by having my backup config in WHM set to backup "Per account and Entire MySQL Directory to a separate drive). If you have your backup configured like that in WHM, then I *think* you should have a backup copy of your old mySQL. But again, I wouldn't know the exact steps to restore/downgrade it, so hopefully one of the experts here on the board can explain that part to you.

3. xserverx

xserverx Member

I think in tweak setting just change mysql ver number after to make upgrading with :

PHP:

MySQL® Version to 
    use (you must run Software/Update Server Software (or /scripts/mysqlup) for this to take effectYou should then run buildapache/easyapache after changing this optionYou may also need to run /scripts/perlinstaller --force Bundle::DBD::mysqlUpdating from a previous version of MySQL® to a later version is not automatically reversableYou should backup your databases if you think you might wish to downgrade in the future.

I want to change mysql ver to 4.0 ??

4. xserverx

xserverx Member

I have change it in
    /var/cpanel/cpanel.config
    ;)

thank you

5. duranduran

duranduran Well-Known Member

How van i do this downgrade/restore ?