whm (mysql5 to mysql4 ??)

xserverx

Jun 10, 2007
in whm tweak setting I have changed mysql ver4.0 to mysql ver5.0 with mistake
when I want to make restore of mysql ver 4.0 in tweak setting I dont find the radio button to select mysql ver 0.4

how to fix this please and retorn to vr 0.4 again ??

Metro2

May 24, 2006
USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I might be wrong, but I believe the only way you can downgrade back to 4 is if you have a backup dump of your entire mySQL 4 that you can manually restore to the server. I honestly would not know how to go about doing the downgrade/restore, but I made sure to have a backup of mySQL 4 before upgrading to 4.1 (by having my backup config in WHM set to backup "Per account and Entire MySQL Directory to a separate drive). If you have your backup configured like that in WHM, then I *think* you should have a backup copy of your old mySQL. But again, I wouldn't know the exact steps to restore/downgrade it, so hopefully one of the experts here on the board can explain that part to you.

xserverx

Jun 10, 2007
I think in tweak setting just change mysql ver number after to make upgrading with :

PHP:
MySQL® Version to use (you must run Software/Update Server Software (or /scripts/mysqlup) for this to take effect. You should then run buildapache/easyapache after changing this option. You may also need to run /scripts/perlinstaller --force Bundle::DBD::mysql. Updating from a previous version of MySQL® to a later version is not automatically reversable. You should backup your databases if you think you might wish to downgrade in the future.
I want to change mysql ver to 4.0 ??

duranduran

Apr 30, 2004
I might be wrong, but I believe the only way you can downgrade back to 4 is if you have a backup dump of your entire mySQL 4 that you can manually restore to the server. I honestly would not know how to go about doing the downgrade/restore, but I made sure to have a backup of mySQL 4 before upgrading to 4.1 (by having my backup config in WHM set to backup "Per account and Entire MySQL Directory to a separate drive). If you have your backup configured like that in WHM, then I *think* you should have a backup copy of your old mySQL. But again, I wouldn't know the exact steps to restore/downgrade it, so hopefully one of the experts here on the board can explain that part to you.
How van i do this downgrade/restore ?