The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM nameserver needed?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by glenn0, Nov 4, 2012.

1. glenn0

glenn0 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I currently have a VPS that uses WHM/cPanel which I am configuring for use with CloudFlare. When initially setting up WHM I selected to use the nameserver's CloudFlare gave me for me account. Do I still need to setup WHM to run it's own nameservers because my hosted sites are just showing the default web site page (cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi)?

Thank you.

#1 glenn0, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  2. PenguinInternet

PenguinInternet Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    If you use an external nameserver then you need to ensure that you enter the appropriate entries into that nameserver manually, otherwise just add another IP to the VPS and run your own nameservers on there

3. glenn0

glenn0 Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks for the reply, and I should really have included more information...

I have used the nameserver's CloudFlare gave me to when I set up an account there as my WHM nameservers.. I am then entering each domain I wish to host into CloudFlare and pointing the domains to the IP of my VPS using two A records, one for 'domain.com', and one for 'WWW' - which I thought would work.

The problem is that when I try to view each domain with my browser it is only showing the default web site page (cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi).

Any ideas where I may be going wrong?

Thanks again.