The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM no-ip nameservers - Impossible to configure DNS correctly

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by yecine06, Nov 3, 2013.

1. yecine06

yecine06 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm having some trouble my vas change ip address and now when i try to updated my dns parameters in my registrar configuration it fails

For my domain i have setup correctly the ns1 and ns2 A records + ns1 and ns2 ns records

here is the configuration page :
    /http://cl.ly/image/0W3f2U1N2G2z

but when i check the name servers configured i have no-ip

/http://cl.ly/image/091E0F000V2n

The problem is sometimes i have the following email :

The content of my /etc/resolv.conf file is

nameserver 8.8.8.8
    nameserver 8.8.4.4

I have updated cpanel to the latest version using upcp command

Can someone help me ?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The functionality of the "Nameserver IPs" page is for visual purposes only. It is a report, and not a page meant to configure any aspect of DNS. It reports the nameservers used by DNS zones on the server, as well as a count of the the number of zones that use a given nameserver. The important entries on the cPanel server are the "A" records that you have added for your name servers. Thus, as long as you have registered these name servers to the matching IP addresses at the domain registrar, then no further DNS configuration is required. The "Nameserver IPs" page can include cached data, so you can safely ignore any mentions of "No IP" on that page as it may take some time before it updates.

As for the hostname, make sure the "A" record for your hostname is added at the DNS host of the primary domain name associated with it. You can run the IPcheck script manually to see if the issue persists via:

Code:
    /scripts/ipcheck --verbose
    Thank you.