The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whm Or Cpanel For New Domain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by netmation, Sep 24, 2004.

1. netmation

netmation Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Just opened up a new Hosting Account using Cpanel and after using it for a few hours have the following questions, if someone would be so kind to help me out.

1. Some confusion if there are any disadvantages to creating a new domain, that would require email and such within CPanel as a "Addon Domain". As long as there is no security issues and I am the owner of both domains is it true that there is no reason to create a second account for the 2nd domain with WHM?

2. When I create an Addon Domain and then go into Add Email Accounts I notice that is shows 2 additional choices: and Why is this, can I delete anyway?

3. Since my new domain is a sub-directory in my new account should I also setup a re-direct. Seems like several features overlap and want to set this up right. If you are creating a new domain name on your account that does not require email addresses is it better to just use the "REDIRECT" feature?

Thanks, Al