The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM package creation error

Discussion in 'Security' started by minosjl, Dec 4, 2011.

1. minosjl

minosjl Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi All,

I have created two packages using WHM feature manager both of them are using rvskin theme and having unlimited subdomains.My problem is i am not able to create subdomain from a cpanel account using one of this package shows wrapper error .The error goes when i changed the package of the domain .How can i trace this issue ?

Note: i have changed the theme of package in to default X3 theme but its not working

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    A few things:
    1) The Feature Manager is not used for creating Packages with unlimited subdomains.
    2) If you are logged in as a Reseller when creating the account, that Reseller must have permission to create Packages with unlimited resources. You'll find those settings here:
    WHM > Resellers > Edit reseller privileges & nameservers, Package Privs section.
    3) cPanel does not support rvskin. If you have problems with it, you'lll need to check with them,
    4) If you are logged in as root user, and you create a new Package where it asks for number of subdomains, put this in there:
    unlimited

HTH!

3. minosjl

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hi,

I am really sorry , if i redirected the issue in the wrong way.The problem is not with rvskin.I was trying to say in the above post some thing like that.

I have root access to the server and i have checked the package setting under " Main >> Packages >> Edit a Package " and its have unlimited sub domains.

But i was unable to create sub-domain for an account using the same package.It shows wrapper error,Please assist on this.

4. quietFinn

quietFinn Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What does the error message say?

5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    To be clear, you edited a Package that the account was already using that did not previously offer unlimited subdomains, is that correct?

Try creating a whole new Package with your unlimited options and give that Package to this account, then try creating a subdomain logged in as that user to his cPanel.

If I understand you correctly and all your settings are indeed correct, then you may have come across some sort of defect. If thats the case, forcing an update may prove helpful. Putting in a report on this defect would be my next suggestion after that.

http://go.cpanel.net/bugs

6. minosjl

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hi ,

I have fixed the issue by changing the package of that particular account.Looks like the issue is with the current package used by that account which is already having unlimited sub domains.

Any way, is it possible to troubleshoot that particular package having issue ?

7. k-planethost

k-planethost Well-Known Member

/scripts/upcp --force
    if you force an update maybe you sort it out this

8. minosjl

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hi,

thank you very much, i will check this from our end.In the mean time could you please let me know is there any cPanel error log available in order to troubleshoot this kind of error ?

Have a nice day!:)