Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

WHM plugin - No response from subprocess issue

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by vipinkumar, Nov 13, 2014.

1. vipinkumar

vipinkumar Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi, I'm trying to create my first plugin for WHM. I had registered the addon_my_plugin.conf as said in the documentation.Basically my plugin folder has just 2 files, one is .conf file and addon_my_plugin.cgi. In the .cgi file, I have my PHP code written instead of Perl.

I got my plugin listed in the plugin section, but when I click on that I get error

No response from subprocess (/usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/my_plugin/addon_my_plugin.cgi): The subprocess exited with status 2 (ENOENT).

I'm working in a windows machine.I gave file a 777 permission. But what amaze me is that when my friend create the same cgi file for me in his Linux machine, my plugin works perfectly! It's working even if I edited that file in my windows system.But doesn't work when I create a new file!

I don't know much about the working of Linux.So can anybody please tell me what would be the reason for that?

I'm using sublime text 3 to edit my PHP code and PHP script includes and echo statement and the shebang(right?) I used is #!/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/php-cgi

Thanks in advance!