The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM plugins problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sassou2009, Mar 16, 2010.

1. sassou2009

sassou2009 Active Member

Hi,

i'm having a problem on WHM is that i can't access to any of the installed plugins and i'm having a blank page :(
    i don't know why the url is like that: https://www.domain.com:2087/cpsess8830357880/cgi/statmanager.cgi
    installed plugins:
    * Configure ClamAV Scanner
    * ConfigServer Explorer
    * ConfigServer Security&Firewall
    * Fantastico De Luxe WHM Admin
    please help !

2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

Kindly check the apache error logs for the exact error message from /var/log/exim_mainlog.

3. sassou2009

sassou2009 Active Member

Hi,

i think that apache is flying in cyberspace, i see that i can't choose a phphandler too on php5 and 4 :'(
    i can't use SSH too because my firewall cannot be loaded because it uses CGI

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Are you logged-in to WHM via a username of "root" (i.e., the server administrator), or are you logged-in to WHM via a reseller username (any username other than "root")? Please note that certain plug-ins may only be accessible when logged-in as "root" (i.e., the server administrator).

If you have root SSH access, please check the following log files:
    Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/logs/access_log
    /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log
    Via root SSH access, the following command may be used to monitor the aforementioned log files for new entries while accessing the plug-ins via WHM to trigger any possible error or related informational messages:
    Code:
    # tail -fvn0 /usr/local/cpanel/logs/access_log /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log

5. cPanelDon

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    The information posted by thewebhosting is not accurate; please note the following corrections and clarification:
    • Given the provided access URL for WHM one can know it does not involve Apache because the cPanel/WHM port number is explicitly defined in the address; Apache would only be involved if both the port number is not explicitly defined in the URL and if a proxy sub-domain is used for access (e.g., "whm.domain.tld").
    • The suggested log file path is not of Apache but rather it is for the Exim MTA, that is, the SMTP mail server.
    • The correct location of the Apache error log is at the following file system path:
      Code:
      /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
    • To elaborate further, the individual per-domain Apache access logs are stored in the following directory:
      Code:
      /usr/local/apache/domlogs/

6. sassou2009

sassou2009 Active Member

There was an issue with the Perl scripts on the server, where the Easy Apache didn't want to start, I have reinstalled cPanel on the server for all of the Perl modules to be refreshed and set up properly. ​

7. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

cPanelDon, thanks for drawing my attention. I regret for providing incorrect Apache logs path.

cPanelDon likes this.
  8. cPanelDon

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Depending on how in-depth or how complex the issue may be; if there is a future problem with Perl scripts or modules I would suggest trying the following command via root SSH access to perform a general check as a possible corrective measure:
    Code:
    # /scripts/checkperlmodules --full
    If that alone does not fix it and if the issue involves a missing Perl module; here is an example of what to look for and how to attempt a correction. Please note the Perl module name may be different; in this case I used an example based on something that could be seen if there is a missing Perl module when attempting to run EasyApache via root SSH access.

Example error detail, indicating a possible missing Perl module:
    Code:
    Can't locate Acme/Spork.pm in @INC
    Example command to confirm the existing module version or see if it might be missing:
    Code:
    # /scripts/perlmods -l | grep -ai "Acme::Spork"
    Example corrective measure:
    Code:
    # /scripts/perlinstaller Acme::Spork
    Example corrective measure (with optional "force" switch):
    Code:
    # /scripts/perlinstaller --force Acme::Spork

9. mikelegg

mikelegg Well-Known Member

I now have this problem after rebooting my server last night after a kernel upgrade.

The cpanel error log says

Code:
    Couldn't load Template::Stash::XS 2.22:

Can't locate loadable object for module Template::Stash::XS in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/cpanel /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8 .) at /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Template/Stash/XS.pm line 31

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/Template/Stash/XS.pm line 31.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Template.pm line 32.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Template.pm line 32.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/HTMLInterface.pm line 14.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/HTMLInterface.pm line 14.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_cse.cgi line 11.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_cse.cgi line 11.

I've installed Template::Stash::XS a number of times, although the version says "undefin"

I've run ...
    /scripts/realperlinstaller Template::Stash:XS
    /scripts/perlinstaller --force Template::Stash:XS
    /scripts/checkperlmodules --full (Numerous times)
    /scripts/cpup --force (Numerous times)
    to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

10. mikelegg

mikelegg Well-Known Member