The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM Popup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barryj, Apr 16, 2005.

1. barryj

barryj Member

I'm running WHM 10.0.0, on a new server configured yesterday [Friday], and now everytime I open WHM, the popup 'Hostname A Entry Missing!' keeps re-appearing even though the hostname entry exists. Anybody any ideas? The server is in a cluister of 2 servers, in case that matters.

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Make sure that the resolvers are setup correctly for the server and that a DNS record does exist for the server hostname. If so I would just add an entry to /etc/hosts for the hostname of the server and that should clear it up.

3. barryj

barryj Member

Thanks I'll see what happpens

4. barryj

barryj Member

You were right, of course, all the entries in resolv.conf and others were completly wrong, which makes me wonder if this 10.0.0 version of WHM is a bit buggy, 'cos I used the same procedure as I did in 2003, to do the setup of my 1st server via.WHM. Of course there's more that I did once set up, but it's still odd.

Thanks again.

5. barryj

barryj Member

Do you know what I did all the changes thought all was OK, then I restarted named and logged back into WHM and the pop up came back!!!

This server is not production yet so i'll look into it later.

6. barryj

barryj Member

It seems that if you use the popup wizard to add the hostname A entry, it doesn't actually write the entry. SO you have to use the option from the DNS functions in WHM , 'Add an A entery for your hostname'. Then it works.