The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whm primary domain not in account list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nozzle, Jan 26, 2004.

1. nozzle

nozzle Registered

I recently signed up for a reseller account with Lpanelx/whm/cpanel & custom nameservers. I'm new to whm/cpanel and docs for whm 8.5.4 are non existant even on cpanel.com, though the ver 7 docs are probably good for most things.
    My problem is that the primary domain I signed up with doesn't show up in WHM. So, I can't edit DNS for that domain and consequently, the custom nameservers. cPanel works fine for the domain but doesn't have DNS functions. WHM and cPanel seem to be managing files/folders in the same directories.
    Is it normal to not be able to manage your primary domain in WHM and if not, what might cause it?

Thanks,
    Scott Puzzled

2. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I would say it is more the prerogative of the Server Owner, to allow or dis-allow access to DNS settings. I, for example, do not allow access for the simple reason, it is too easy for someone to screw up the settings and not only create problems (especially a Reseller with all their sub-accounts), but to also create a lot of work for me -- having to fix things. ;)

Talk to your Hoster though, see if something can be worked out. In my situation I will allow access to Clients that understand what they are doing and accept the responsibilty of access -- knowing they may be charged a fee, if I have to fix their mistakes.

3. nozzle

nozzle Registered

I do have permission to edit my DNS. I added another domain through WHM and can edit the DNS for it. But, the domain that I signed up with does not show up in WHM.