Sherwood Tucker

Registered
Feb 28, 2016
south dakota
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hi
I have a WHM with 8 domains, 5 of which have dedicated ip's.
All work well except one:- Removed -
I can get to the cPanel but the site will not load and
I get "server not found"
The host says it loads fine for them and the other 2 domains
with the same ip work fine?

Any suggestions appreciated...

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelPeter

Technical Analyst III
Staff member
Sep 23, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

Can you check your Apache error log? (if EA3, it would be /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log). See if there are any messages there.
I just tried going to your page and it didn't work for me in a browser. I then tried using the curl command and I received a 406 Not Acceptable error (which is normally related to ModSecurity).

I suspect a ModSec rule is being triggered for some users but not others.

If you don't see anything in the error_log file, please consider opening a ticket with us using the link within my signature.

Sherwood Tucker

Registered
Feb 28, 2016
south dakota
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
I can not find an access ID but the IP is - Removed -
Hello,

Can you check your Apache error log? (if EA3, it would be /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log). See if there are any messages there.
I just tried going to your page and it didn't work for me in a browser. I then tried using the curl command and I received a 406 Not Acceptable error (which is normally related to ModSecurity).

I suspect a ModSec rule is being triggered for some users but not others.

If you don't see anything in the error_log file, please consider opening a ticket with us using the link within my signature.

Last edited by a moderator:

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Well, you'd have to ask them for more details on their comments. A plain text message in your public_html should not be kicking at any modsec rules. If enabling modsec stops that page from loading, something else is incorrectly configured I would guess.