centos 7.9
cPanel & WHM Version
whm version 98.0.10

lancer_97

Sep 3, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

Trying to repair a mailbox using WHM repair mailbox permission but got an error on a specific mail which says unable to fix ownership and permission, I tried to delete the file as root user but got an Input/Output error. Anything to check the file like ls will show the same Input/Output error. Any idea to fix this?

Thanks

cPanelAnthony

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 18, 2021
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello again! Those backslashes in the file name are causing issues. You will need to use quotes to "escape" the back slashes. Back slashes are a format for windows and aren't compatible with file names in this environment. This article might help.

lancer_97

Sep 3, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,
I tried the quotes to escape the back slashes but I still get the same error and I run the "stat" command to the other files (mails) w/out the quotes and I didn't get any error. I think there might be an issue w/ the linux filesystem causing this problem.

Thanks.

Attachments

RoseHosting

PartnerNOC
Jan 3, 2003
Yes, most likely there's an issue with your disk storage

Hi,
I tried the quotes to escape the back slashes but I still get the same error and I run the "stat" command to the other files (mails) w/out the quotes and I didn't get any error. I think there might be an issue w/ the linux filesystem causing this problem.

Thanks.

kennysamuerto

PartnerNOC
May 20, 2009
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

Thanks.
Hello,

When there is an input/output error when trying to access the file system, generally, they indicate a hardware problem.

Try to see what output lines the dmesg command gives you, if something is failing, it should give you more data.

Reactions: cPanelAnthony