The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM Reseller account question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by prodiac, Aug 27, 2003.

1. prodiac

prodiac Member

I currently use a resellers account for another provider, where I can sell my own services using cpanel, and set these up with WHM.

Currently, I know that resellers are unable to make changes to accounts, specifically: number of mysql databases, parked/addon domains, and number of pop mailboxes, etc. I am aware that only people with Root WHM access can do this.

I want to find out if this is something that is going to be changed in the near future? Right now I am stuck with having to create a new "Packages" for anybody who wants to upgrade their options... that really bites :).

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

That feature is available, but it's up to your hosting provider whether or not to give you that ability. What features they give you is up to them and depends a lot on how much "power" they want to give you.

3. prodiac

prodiac Member

Does that feature require root access?

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

No. If your provider wants to allow you to do that, it can be set in the WHM reseller privileges. There are 2 different options that may be what you want.

Allow Package Edits (new)

and

Account Modification (warning: this will allow circumvention of account creation limits, give shell access, dedicated ips, etc)