The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM Reseller Feature problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by azuretek, Oct 25, 2003.

1. azuretek

azuretek Member

I'm having a problem with the reseller features, I added an new reseller and oddly it isn't working.

It dosen't show me the features to add, the ltitle check boxes that say things like

Account Creation
    Account Suspension

my old resellers still have those checkboxes there
    but new resellers dont show that! the only check box it shows is the All Features check box

can anyone tell me what has changed? I even tried saving the ACL list on one of the existing account and then "adding" it to another but that dosent seem to do anything, I also read the manual just in case something changed but I couldn't find any information on that.

thanks ahead of time for the help, maybe I can get some help here because every other time I send a support ticket I never hear from them until I fix it myself.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: ACL list? no check boxes...

2. azuretek

azuretek Member

guess no one has any answers for me... I gave the guy root access but he says he is unable to create accounts, I've shown him but I dont know if he understands.

3. rsaylor

rsaylor Well-Known Member

What level of WHM are you running? I don't see the same problem on WHM 8.5.4 cPanel 8.5.4-E4

4. azuretek

azuretek Member

I hope this picture shows the problem and any other information anyone would need to diagnose it...

Attached Files:

5. rsaylor

Try upgrading from stable to release. Also, maybe your IE is not letting the form come through. I would try another browser like mozilla (http://www.mozilla.org)

I am running Redhat 7.3 so I don't think 7.2 would cose this.

Also, go to one of your other resellers that work and save there features under the ACL. Then come back to this one that has no feature options listing and load your saved ACL. This might not fix the problem but could be a work around.

Hope this helps

6. azuretek

azuretek Member

ok now I have

WHM 8.5.4 cPanel 8.5.4-R7

I tried saving an ACL list and then using it on this account, but whenever I try to save a list it tells me page cannot be displayed. It creates an entry in the drop down though but when I try to add it to the other it gives me another "page cannot be displayed" and it dosen't work.

I've tried using another browser but I doubt that is the problem. I even tried it from linux but I got nowhere, anyway if anyone can help me that would be great.

edit: in fact when I try to save any changes at all for any reseller it gives me a "page cannot be displayed" maybe someone from cpanel can help? I sent a support request but it was never answered....

#6 azuretek, Oct 30, 2003
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2003
  7. rsaylor

Sounds like you might be missing some files. You might need to open a ticket with cPanel.

8. Ganga

Ganga Well-Known Member

I am also having exactly the same problem.

I am running WHM 8.5.4 -R69 and I cannot add/remove features for resellers like I used to be able to do before.

It's either no feature at all (just their WHM login) or root privileges (no way I'd allow this!)

Resellers created a while ago are still ok.

Can someone help please?

9. Ganga

Ganga Well-Known Member

Please, can anybody help?

I am having lots of problems ctreating new relessers accounts which are now overdue!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

10. RaveKnights

RaveKnights Well-Known Member

The only thing I can think of is to SSH to your server and run

/scripts/updatenow

service cpanel restart

The reseller scripts come from /scripts2/ so if my suggestion didn't solve your problem than you should put in a ticket with cpanel support if you didn't already.

RaveKnights

11. techflavor

techflavor Registered

Usually this is caused when you are logging into a reseller account with root permissions instead of logging into the actual root account.