The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM Reseller Setup Help Not DNS related

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Zandaline, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Zandaline

Zandaline Member

I'm getting confused about setting up reseller accounts. I'm using the reseller feature to allow my individual customers to host multiple domains. If there is an easier way to do this than using a Reseller account please let me know. But any way here is my question:

I have created a reseller account that has 25GB of hard drive space and 500GB bandwidth. I checked the box “Limit Accounts that HISACCOUNT can create by Resource Usage” and filled in the “Resource Usage Limits boxes with the proper quotas and unchecked “overselling allowed”. I unchecked overselling because the documentation read that if I checked those boxes the account would be able to use more resources than what I specified.

Of course not every domain needs the same amount of storage space. One of their domains has 17GB and most have a hundred or so. I would like to set it up so my client could just create a new account with with out having to worry about how much space each individual domain uses but is still limited by the quotas I set. Is this possible?

2. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    They cant use more than what you set in the boxes.

If you give your client 25GB space and 500GB BW, when the overselling box is UNchecked, and they make thier own packages. let's say your client makes a hosting package giving 5GB space and 100GB BW then they can sell 5 of those and thats it, irregardless of what space they are actually using.

We check the box because, if the box is checked they can sell as many of that plan as they want, when they hit the resource limit you set (in the boxes), they have to upgrade to a bigger account or buy two accounts or whatever they want to work out with you.

It is really a preference from the company selling the reseller accounts, there are pros and cons either way, you need to weigh how those related to your business.