Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

WHM Restore: are there any SSL & DNS issues?

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by theoa, Jan 31, 2006.

1. theoa

theoa Member

I need to reload the OS on my server. After doing this, I plan to use the WHM Restore Multiple Backups script to reinstall all the sites that have been backed up to a second hard drive. Two questions:

1. Several sites have security certificates. Are security certificates for individual reinstalled automatically or should I plan to have to do this myself?

2. I am using the name server functionality of WHM. Apart from entering the correct settings in WHM, are there DNA/private nameserver issues I need to consider?

2. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

Ans 1. > The security certs will be installed automatically for all the sites. You dont have to do anything for that.

Ans 2. > You don't have to consider any nameservers issue.

I didn't face any problems after I moved all my accounts. If all the accounts were working fine on the previous server, they shoud be fine after migration. If you are still not sure, I suggest you to transfer few accounts having SSl certs and cross check.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. theoa

theoa Member

Thanks again Shekhar

- Theo

4. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I donot agree with his, some times you may have to install them again.. As Shekhar said make sure by transferring few accounts with SSL

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. theoa

theoa Member

Further notes after having done the restore:

the ssl certificates were not restored by cpanel. We had to reinstall them manually.

This took time.

Also cpanel did not restore the IP's - but this was not too difficult.

One issue is the 'restore multiple backups' is currently broken - see bugzilla. this may have caused other issues...

#5 theoa, Feb 5, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2006