The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM running slow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skina, Sep 22, 2007.

1. skina

skina Member

Hi,

I have got a brand new VPS, it currently has one account on it and no load whatsoever.

I am completely unable to use WHM or CPanel because it is taking a ridicoulous amount of time to load, literally 15 minutes to login, I am surprised the script didnt timeout.

The server load is tiny, other websites load as fast as ever, SSH is nice and fast, bascially nothing wrong with the server.

I have tried the following:

/scripts/upcp

restart the entire server

restart cpanel

restart httpd

delete all lock file and restart cpanel

None of this has helped. Cpanel and WHM were working nice and fast and for no apparent reason slowed down (I think i was trying to create a new account when it started). Everything I have tried has made absolutely no difference so far.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated because I an unable to use WHM/CPanel at all :(

2. Crazor

Crazor BANNED

Maybe you're being DosSed?

3. skina

skina Member

Why only CPanel/WHM? The other sites running on apache load really fast.

Also, this server has been up for no more than 3 days, I would be pretty unlucky to get DoS'd.

4. inworx

inworx Member

Can you try forcing an update of cpanel?

5. skina

skina Member

Yes, I have tried all that.

Currently, I am having to use WHM/CPanel through an SSH tunnel and it is working fast.

I have no firewall rules set up that would block it but I cant understand why it is running so painfully slow when there is no server load.

It's a good job I dont have client on this server because it is basically impossible to use wemail at the moment.

6. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Did you have your vps provider look at this for you? There could be issues with the node or perhaps qos settings that your provider may need to adjust on their end.