The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

whm server set up?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ultratechhostin, Dec 8, 2010.

1. ultratechhostin

ultratechhostin Registered

Hi everyone. I was hopeing to get some advice. I set up a new server and did all the steps to set up my name servers and for some reason my name servers are still not showing up when i ping them. I set the naem servers and teh a entrys as well as setting a ip for each name server. Im lost at why its yet to still abel to be seen. Any help on this would be great.

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    To confirm, are the name servers and their respective IP addresses registered at your domain registrar? Here is a related document that may help with clarification on this process: Registering Private Nameservers

If there is a misconfiguration (whether minor or major), it may sometimes be evident using a third-party DNS information tool such intoDNS; simply enter your domain name to have the site display a basic report that is generated from performing DNS queries.

3. ultratechhostin

ultratechhostin Registered

Basicly my server name is server.ultratechhosting.com and i called my name servers ns1.ultratechhosting.com and ns2. I went and was goign to point my main domaine to it however its not letting me point it because of the name servers. i set up two diffeerent ip with my naem servers as well. i also made sure my resolver.conf was ok with the ip i was given by my provider. Granted its ownly been 24 hours now but figrued if it was going ot work it would of resolved by now. Thanks so much.