The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM Setup Help with my 1:1 NAT environment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KiloHurt, Jan 17, 2013.

1. KiloHurt

KiloHurt Registered

Jan 17, 2013
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have been tasked with setting up a new Red Hat web server with cPanel & WHM and then getting it configured and working for a new web designer contractor who is going to totally redo my companies websites. The best part is I have NEVER used cPanel/WHM OR Linux in my life. This is the first Linux server I have ever used. All I know is what I’ve learned over the past 4 days watching videos and reading forums online. I am also not a web guy in any way however I do know a little about networking.

So here’s our current situation. My company has 5 domains registered, each with a separate public IP for each site and we use our ISP’s name servers to point our site visitors to our one (1) in house web server here at our main office. This production web server is currently a Windows server running IIS. Our network is configured with a 1:1 NAT of each of our 5 domain’s public IPs down to 5 different internal IPs configured on this one server in IIS. We are going to develop new websites for each of our 5 domains over the next few months on a new RH server then pick a day to turn off the IIS system, do whatever NAT changes need to be done on our firewall and then turn on our RH server. After this there should be no further domains or sub domains ever created on this new RH server. Only updates to the existing 5 sites.

We have purchased a new RH server and cPanel & WHM. The server is up and running and cPanel has been installed. I need help with the initial setup (Step 1) and configuration of WHM to get it working with our NAT environment. We DO NOT want to modify any of our current Domain Registrar settings / Nameservers…

Questions I have are;

What IP should I use for the server’s main IP in the Linux OS that might help with the easy of the initial setup and config of WHS? Internal or External?
    What IP should I use for the server’s main “Shared” IP in the Server Configuration Basic cPanel / WHM setup? Internal or External?
    When I “Add IPs” will I be adding the internal IPs or External IPs?
    Do I create only one “account” for just myself to manage all 5 of our domains?
    Since we use our ISP’s name servers, do I disable any services on this RH server?

Thank You guys for looking…
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

cPanel does not natively support a NAT environment. That being said, many users successfully implement it without much trouble. I suggest reading through some past forum threads related to this to get a better idea on the setup requirements. Here is one such thread:

NAT Installation

Thank you.