The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHM Setup Process

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Forcerdj, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Forcerdj

Forcerdj Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Hi, I have recently had my dedicated server installed and i'm up to the point i need to setup in WHM.

There are 2 points i struggled with. I HAVE contacted support, but the tech-guy i got didn't sound like he knew what he was doing much he kept having to 'go and check' and he gave me information i knew was incorrect.. maybe he just didn't understand me?

For the purposes of this i've registers

HOSTNAME.. this has something in the field. I Automatically assumed i would change this to - however after checking with support he told me to leave it as is. which was some crazy name like: Correct?

NAMESERVERS.. the guy didnt have a clue, he told me to use my registrars name servers.

i want and

Here is what i did:
    Logged into my domain registrars account on

Clicked register name servers

I have 7 IP addresses with my dedicated server account... so i chose 2 of those. I put one of them in NS1 and another in NS2..

Back on WMH Setup..

For primary i put and secondary i put - and i also put the IP i selected for use on my registrars website.

Is this correct? If so, will automatically start reverting to my new server?

it previously had its name servers assigned to a shared hosting account, ... i have removed those name servers... do i leave it blank?