WHM Shoutcast Admin - [open source version]

hostingdelsur

Registered
Nov 12, 2006
Voluntario

Hola, yo me ofrezco como voluntario para codificar.
Soy Uruguayo, pero me manejo bien con ingles y algo de portugues tambien

ZydRick

Oct 11, 2006
Yo tambien soy español creo que rafael es brasileño... asi q si hablas en portugues con el conseguiras mas q yo con mi absto inglés xD

Soy programador avanzado de PHP... Asi q si rafel pasa el código creo que podría al menos intentar seguir con el proyecto...

Un saludo!!

HotShells

Jun 8, 2005
Alexandria - EGYPT
radio

i can run both side ( radio server / the music player ) from the server and link them to work as one.

and i think the addon need to do that

to run both at ones and provide a place to upload the mp3's and make the mp3 list.

i can provide the code for the play music from the server and how to make the list
and a good place to the save them too...

just notice that the play music code server eat from ( 2 up to 4.1 CPU ) no less.
when you play with 128k 44mhz for 1000 user.

if the code okay with that can you pm me a test version to work on too.
i kind can work on the graphics.

katmai

Mar 13, 2006
Brno, Czech Republic
i can hel you out with beta testing and feedback on errors and feature requests.

Rafaelfpviana

Mar 12, 2004
Brazil
Hello everyone.

Thanks all of you that are interested in this project, as I said before, right now I'm very busy on work so the project is paused, I plan on getting back on it on january but on the mean time i'll be planning out the project so if you have any sugestions please pm me ok.

I've received alot of good sugestions and I would like to thank everyone that is getting in touch with me and asking stuff, this is very important to me.

Don't worry, as soon as there is a beta version i'll let everyone know.

Thanks again.

i can run both side ( radio server / the music player ) from the server and link them to work as one.

and i think the addon need to do that

to run both at ones and provide a place to upload the mp3's and make the mp3 list.

i can provide the code for the play music from the server and how to make the list
and a good place to the save them too...

just notice that the play music code server eat from ( 2 up to 4.1 CPU ) no less.
when you play with 128k 44mhz for 1000 user.

if the code okay with that can you pm me a test version to work on too.
i kind can work on the graphics.
I would very much like your help on coding the play list, but we have to analize if that will be incorporated 'cause it uses a lot of resources, we'll see about that.
About the graphics, as soon as I get back on the project i'll get in touch with you.
Thanks for the help.

Any news on releasE?
Not yet, but i believe i'll have something in january, i'll let you know ok :D

i can help you out with beta testing and feedback on errors and feature requests.
That would be great, as soon as the beta version is out your help will very much be needed.

Thanks again everyone.

prixone

Mar 4, 2004
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
since it is an opensource why dont you post the code in here or attach it so every one could have a copy and then post what they can do to help or even attach codes to functions that ain't there yet ?

this way while you're stopped people could work on it to make functions that you could future add into it, since you said you already have a souceforge name it should tell us :) so we can try and help at anything

Rafaelfpviana

Mar 12, 2004
Brazil
since it is an opensource why dont you post the code in here or attach it so every one could have a copy and then post what they can do to help or even attach codes to functions that ain't there yet ?

this way while you're stopped people could work on it to make functions that you could future add into it, since you said you already have a souceforge name it should tell us :) so we can try and help at anything
very well said, but I don't want to release it yet, not now, it's too much incomplete.

and like I said, i'll release it in january, that's right around the corner.

Whiteagle

Registered
Dec 18, 2006
Hello!

Great project!

When i see the project main post i was thinking that i should offer me to translate the project to my language but.... i see you're brazillian and i'm portuguese :p

I cant wait to see the addon :D

Merry Christmas!

Whiteagle

Rafaelfpviana

Mar 12, 2004
Brazil
Hello!

Great project!

When i see the project main post i was thinking that i should offer me to translate the project to my language but.... i see you're brazillian and i'm portuguese :p

I cant wait to see the addon :D

Merry Christmas!

Whiteagle

Hehe, portuguese language is already taken, but if you can, and want, to help with anything else just let me know.

PPNSteve

Mar 13, 2003
Somewhere in Ilex Forest
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Rafaelfpviana would you be interested in combining our custom (100% server based) icecast server into your project? This modded IC server runs your mp3's/playlists from a dir on the server and basically skips the upload streaming required in a normal shoutcast setup. (but still allows live streaming as needed)

If you're interested, just drop me a PM.

Rafaelfpviana

Mar 12, 2004
Brazil
Rafaelfpviana would you be interested in combining our custom (100% server based) icecast server into your project? This modded IC server runs your mp3's/playlists from a dir on the server and basically skips the upload streaming required in a normal shoutcast setup. (but still allows live streaming as needed)

If you're interested, just drop me a PM.
PM Sent.

This is a great, i'm sure everyone here will love it.

By the way, i'm almost done with the beta version, I just have to finish the Cpanel's interface, where the user can stop, start, restart the server and do some other stuff.

jmcallister

Aug 26, 2006
UI Help

If you have any questions regarding this portion let me know my msn instant messenger email is : [email protected] I can offer help because i just finished developing a beta ruby on rails application manager plugin for cpanel using PHP and Perl, which has a lot of the same functionality as your shoutcast plug-in. The rails plugin utilizes a mongrel cluster to serve the apps through a local proxy which has the same start and stop functionality of shoutcasts start and stop (similar anyways).

Best of Luck!

jackheskett

Jan 15, 2007
england
really nice job you've got going here.
im definately going to use it :p
can't wait for a release!
thanks.