MajorLancelot

Dec 17, 2014
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Now that HipChat and Stride have been acquired by Slack (https://www.atlassian.com/blog/announcements/new-atlassian-slack-partnership), isn't it time that cPanel gives us a sane, modern tool built with the kind of integration one actually need for the 21st century to use for notification instead of the out-dated tools that are currently available?

Yeah, you can integrate Slack with a webhook, but there is no reason why WHM and even cPanel should not have native Slack integration as obviously, it is a tool of choice and has won this battle.

In fact, WHM/cPanel should Discord & Slack as defaults and should even consider Facebook and Google HangOut if this tool is being built for a modern business environment.

Thanks!

JC Johnson

Registered
Jul 26, 2019
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
This would be awesome to see in cPanel, not that I'm an expert. Actually, this is my first post on/in cPanel threads. I've recently learned of slack and have a small team that seems to be growing fast; they don't need to have access to my companies WHM though. I'd like a feature that allows access to the slack community once a new cPanel/hosting account gets created. I'm open to other suggestions or better ways to obtain this feature. However, this is the best one I can think of at the moment.

Reactions: cPanelLauren