WHM still using old cert after new one installed?

jonwatson

Apr 1, 2007
Hello,

I have installed a new cert for my WHM server, but it is still using the original self-signed one that it creates during install.

This server was taken offline for a while in order to rebuild it. Now that it is rebuilt, I'm not sure if I'm installing the right bits of the cert.

I am using the original server's .key and the original server's Namecheap .crt. The certificate installs correctly without error, but when I visit the WHM instance, I am still presented with the old certificate. I have restarted Apache.

When I look at the SSL key/Crt Manager, I see the original self-signed crt,csr, and key named server.domain.tld.key/crt/csr.old and my new one. However, the new one only shows the key and crt. There is no csr for it.

Is that the problem? I have no CSR for this crt? And if so, how do I go about getting a CSR for a certificate that was issued several months ago...?

Thanks

iquest

Mar 16, 2004
Hello,

I have installed a new cert for my WHM server, but it is still using the original self-signed one that it creates during install.

This server was taken offline for a while in order to rebuild it. Now that it is rebuilt, I'm not sure if I'm installing the right bits of the cert.

I am using the original server's .key and the original server's Namecheap .crt. The certificate installs correctly without error, but when I visit the WHM instance, I am still presented with the old certificate. I have restarted Apache.

When I look at the SSL key/Crt Manager, I see the original self-signed crt,csr, and key named server.domain.tld.key/crt/csr.old and my new one. However, the new one only shows the key and crt. There is no csr for it.

Is that the problem? I have no CSR for this crt? And if so, how do I go about getting a CSR for a certificate that was issued several months ago...?

Thanks

# login to your root and get the stunnel process

ps aux|grep stunnel

# kill the process

kill -9 pid

# restart cpanel

service cpanel restart

If it doesn't work then simply reboot the server

jonwatson

Apr 1, 2007
Heya

No go on that, I'm afraid. I didn't have a stunnel process running, so I rebooted. Same result.

Any other ideas?

iquest

Mar 16, 2004
Heya

No go on that, I'm afraid. I didn't have a stunnel process running, so I rebooted. Same result.

Any other ideas?

# Try to backup the following files and paste your RSA and Certificate Keys
# to both of these files:

/var/cpanel/ssl/cpanel/cpanel.pem

/var/cpanel/ssl/cpanel/mycpanel.pem

# You can get your Certificate key from the file:

/usr/share/ssl/private/yourdomain.com.key

# And you can get the RSA key from the file:

/usr/share/ssl/certs/yourdomain.com.csr

# You might want to remove the following files before creating new certificate:

/usr/share/ssl/private/yourdomain.com.key
/usr/share/ssl/certs/yourdomain.com.csr
/usr/share/ssl/certs/yourdomain.com.crt

If it doesn't work then you may have some other issues. You can check the logs for clues. Thank you and good luck...